NIC Inc. Shares Close in on 52-Week High - Market Mover
The shares closed 0.3% below its 52-week high of $27.54, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average
Jan 14, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Trading volume this week was 39.5% higher than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.6.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed above its Bollinger band, indicating it may be overbought.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $75 million in earnings before interest and taxes from $354 million in revenue. It currently holds $214 million in cash and $3 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 28.09 is lower than its current P/E ratio of 30.63, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at -6.14. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 0.05 which means it currently has $0.05 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 5.89. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 6 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 4.09.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 3.52.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the Information Technology industry sector , lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-0.6||0.8||8.5||-0.9||68.1|
|S&P 500 Index||-0.7||0.5||16.6||-1.2||71.1|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock priceperformance year-to-date beats the peer average by 61.4%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by -25.0%
- The company's price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company's share price to its earnings per share, is -153.6% higher than the average peer.
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Accenture Plc Class A||ACN||31.9||-2.6||24.3||-4.4||79.3|
|International Business Machines Corporation||IBM||14.5||2.0||-1.1||-14.0||40.9|
|Fidelity National Information Services Inc.||FIS||-774.0||-8.3||-9.3||-17.5||26.4|
|Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation Class A||CTSH||29.2||-2.1||31.5||-2.8||93.4|
|CACI International Inc Class A||CACI||17.8||-1.6||-8.4||-15.6||44.1|
|ACI Worldwide Inc.||ACIW||73.6||0.1||1.4||-3.3||79.5|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?