Vermilion Energy Inc Shares Near 52-Week Low - Market Mover
The shares closed 1.0% above its 52-week low of $11.34, with trading volume lower than its 30 day average
May 25, 2023 by Kwhen Finance Editors
Vermilion Energy Inc (VET) shares closed today at 1.0% above its 52 week low of $11.34, giving the company a market cap of $2B. The stock is currently down 31.1% year-to-date, down 38.2% over the past 12 months, and down 57.0% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, and the S&P 500 fell 1.0%.
- Trading volume this week was 45.4% lower than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.0.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the Energy industry sector , lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Vermilion Energy Inc||-5.5||-31.1||-38.2||-60.4||4.1|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-0.1||0.0||5.1||-4.6||16.2|
|S&P 500 Index||0.9||7.9||6.1||-2.7||20.1|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by 675.0%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by 3461.8%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Vermilion Energy Inc||VET||0||-31.1||-38.2||-60.4||4.1|
|Exxon Mobil Corp.||XOM||7.1||-0.9||17.9||-11.5||35.0|
|Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.||CNQ||9.0||3.9||-5.2||-13.3||33.8|
|Suncor Energy, Inc.||SU||6.5||-7.9||-22.1||-31.2||10.0|
|Imperial Oil Limited||IMO||5.1||-2.9||-8.8||-21.1||17.2|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?