Clovis Oncology Inc. Shares Close the Week 32.3% Higher - Weekly Wrap
The company saw its shares close the week 32.3% higher than last week, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average.
Mar 19, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $8.95 and as low as $5.29 this week.
- Shares closed 3e+1% below its 52-week high and 1e+2% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 90.4% lower than the 10-day average and 78.1% lower than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.0.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
- The stock closed at 29.3% higher than its 5-day moving average, 31.6% higher than its 20-day moving average, and 33.5% higher than its 90-day moving average.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $-323,820,000 in earnings before interest and taxes from $160 million in revenue. It currently holds $224 million in cash and $123 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 0 is higher than its current P/E ratio of -2.23, implying that analysts are expecting a decrease in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at -0.05. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at -3.63 which means it currently has $-3.63 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at -3.83. This means that the stock is trading at a discount of -4 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 3.90.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 6.22.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price beats the S&P 500 Index this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price beats the Dow Jones Industrial Average this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price beats the performance of its peers in the Health Care industry sector this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Clovis Oncology Inc.||47.7||63.8||74.7||-42.7||59.8|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-0.8||7.1||65.7||-1.2||83.8|
|S&P 500 Index||-0.2||4.5||65.5||-1.7||81.5|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by -13415.1%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 195.8%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Clovis Oncology Inc.||CLVS||-2.2||63.8||74.7||-42.7||59.8|
|Johnson & Johnson||JNJ||28.6||2.3||29.4||-6.8||51.3|
|Eli Lilly and Company||LLY||28.5||9.6||41.1||-14.8||60.9|
|Astrazeneca PLC Sponsored ADR||AZN||52.1||0.3||26.0||-22.2||32.5|
|BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.||BMRN||16.5||-10.8||5.3||-40.4||15.2|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?