Unity Software Inc Shares Close the Day 17.5% Lower - Daily Wrap
The company saw its shares close the day 17.5% lower than yesterday, with trading volume lower than its 30 day average.
Jul 13, 2022 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $46.39 and as low as $32.51 this week.
- Shares closed 84.4% below its 52-week high and 12.8% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 5.0% higher than the 10-day average and 3.3% lower than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 2.6.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was under 30, indicating it may be underbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $-231,838,000 in earnings before interest and taxes from $772 million in revenue. It currently holds $1 billion in cash and $503 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of -362.14286331011334 is lower than its current P/E ratio of -19.53, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 1.13. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 1.31 which means it currently has $1.31 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 17.58. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 18 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 46.36.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 44.09.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price lags the S&P 500 Index today, lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price lags the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Unity Software Inc||-17.5||-72.2||-62.6||-83.6||18.6|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-0.7||-14.5||-10.2||-16.3||3.3|
|S&P 500 Index||-0.5||-19.6||-11.8||-21.3||3.6|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by 214.2%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by 390.4%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Unity Software Inc||U||-19.5||-72.2||-62.6||-83.6||18.6|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?