United States Steel Corporation Shares Close the Day 11.7% Higher - Daily Wrap
The company saw its shares close the day 11.7% higher than yesterday, with trading volume lower than its 30 day average.
Mar 25, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $23.00 and as low as $18.61 this week.
- Shares closed 8% below its 52-week high and 3e+2% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 11.0% higher than the 10-day average and 2.8% higher than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.6.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
- The stock closed at 9.0% higher than its 5-day moving average, 9.4% higher than its 20-day moving average, and 25.5% higher than its 90-day moving average.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $-208,000,000 in earnings before interest and taxes from $9 billion in revenue. It currently holds $1 billion in cash and $2 billion in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 7.609429037695009 is higher than its current P/E ratio of -5.25, implying that analysts are expecting a decrease in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 0.06. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 3.19 which means it currently has $3.19 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 1.15. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 1 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 0.45.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 0.75.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price beats the S&P 500 Index today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price beats the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price beats the performance of its peers in the Materials industry sector today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|United States Steel Corporation||11.7||35.7||273.9||-14.5||288.1|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||1.4||8.6||49.8||-1.4||61.3|
|S&P 500 Index||1.6||6.3||54.0||-1.5||62.9|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by 26.8%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 67.0%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|United States Steel Corporation||X||-5.2||35.7||273.9||-14.5||288.1|
|ArcelorMittal SA ADR||MT||-43.4||26.1||202.6||-7.0||254.5|
|POSCO Sponsored ADR||PKX||0||15.2||124.0||-2.7||129.1|
|Steel Dynamics Inc.||STLD||19.3||36.6||153.8||-3.7||158.4|
|Worthington Industries Inc.||WOR||6.3||34.9||176.0||-10.7||209.2|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?