First Republic Bank Shares Close the Day 32.8% Lower - Daily Wrap
The company saw its shares close the day 32.8% lower than yesterday, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average.
Mar 17, 2023 by Kwhen Finance Editors
First Republic Bank (FRC) shares closed today 32.8% lower than it did at the end of yesterday. The stock is currently up 1.3% year-to-date, down 24.7% over the past 12 months, and up 35.4% over the past five years. Today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, and the S&P 500 fell 1.5%.
- Shares traded as high as $95.44 and as low as $17.53 this week.
- Shares closed 86.7% below its 52-week high and 78.4% below its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 9936.1% higher than the 10-day average and 11310.4% higher than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.0.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was under 30, indicating it may be underbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price lags the S&P 500 Index today, lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price lags the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price lags the performance of its peers in the Financials industry sector today, lags it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|First Republic Bank||-32.8||1.3||-24.7||-83.7||-73.7|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-1.5||1.1||1.3||-8.1||12.7|
|S&P 500 Index||-1.5||5.7||-5.7||-13.8||13.4|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by -84.3%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months lags the peer average by 57.7%
- The company's price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company's share price to its earnings per share, is 80.4% higher than the average peer.
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|First Republic Bank||FRC||14.5||1.3||-24.7||-83.7||-73.7|
|Bank Of America Corp.||BAC||9.4||-7.2||-23.7||-34.2||-1.0|
|SVB Financial Group||SIVB||11.2||23.6||-47.6|
|East West Bancorp, Inc.||EWBC||9.4||14.9||-0.4|
|CVB Financial Corp.||CVBF||14.4||-6.4||6.9|
|Cathay General Bancorp||CATY||8.6||5.8||-0.9|
|Bank of Marin Bancorp||BMRC||11.2||-6.6||-10.4|
|Umpqua Holdings Corp||UMPQ||0||0||0|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?