Orbcomm Inc Shares Close the Day 52.0% Higher - Daily Wrap
The company saw its shares close the day 52.0% higher than yesterday, with trading volume lower than its 30 day average.
Apr 06, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $11.55 and as low as $7.52 this week.
- Shares closed 2e+1% above its 52-week high and 4e+2% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 16.6% lower than the 10-day average and 40.3% lower than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.8.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $52 million in earnings before interest and taxes from $254 million in revenue. It currently holds $76 million in cash and $61 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of -63.58333475453161 is lower than its current P/E ratio of -17.64, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 18.83. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 2.55 which means it currently has $2.55 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 2.74. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 3 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 2.37.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 3.05.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price beats the S&P 500 Index today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price beats the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price beats the performance of its peers in the Communications Services industry sector today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||0.2||10.1||45.9||-0.6||49.2|
|S&P 500 Index||0.5||9.6||51.5||-0.2||52.7|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by -95.8%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 93.9%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Verizon Communications Inc||VZ||26.9||2.6||9.3||-2.2||17.2|
|Iridium Communications Inc||IRDM||-95.9||1.9||78.6|
|Telephone And Data Systems, Inc.||TDS||11.2||28.7||45.8||-0.9||49.2|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?