FuelCell Energy Inc. Shares Close the Week 34.9% Higher - Weekly Wrap
The company saw its shares close the week 34.9% higher than last week, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average.
Mar 12, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $18.60 and as low as $14.55 this week.
- Shares closed 5e+1% below its 52-week high and 1e+3% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 15.4% lower than the 10-day average and 7.0% lower than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.9.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was between 30 and 70.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates a downward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $-19,789,000 in earnings before interest and taxes from $70 million in revenue. It currently holds $149 million in cash and $58 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of -94.99065748632555 is lower than its current P/E ratio of -59.40, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at -0.77. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 2.69 which means it currently has $2.69 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 28.07. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 28 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 77.07.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 76.10.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price beats the S&P 500 Index this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price beats the Dow Jones Industrial Average this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price beats the performance of its peers in the Information Technology industry sector this week, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|FuelCell Energy Inc.||-9.5||52.5||1380.9||-50.0||1180.9|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||-0.4||8.2||45.2||-0.1||84.4|
|S&P 500 Index||-0.1||6.0||49.9||0.1||84.2|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by 297.9%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 429.5%
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|FuelCell Energy Inc.||FCEL||-59.4||52.5||1380.9||-50.0||1180.9|
|Air Products and Chemicals Inc.||APD||31.9||-0.1||35.2||-16.5||60.1|
|POSCO Sponsored ADR||PKX||0||8.0||86.7||-5.0||160.7|
|Plug Power Inc.||PLUG||-224.2||37.0||1274.6||-40.7||1668.8|
|NRG Energy Inc.||NRG||21.1||17.9||57.7||-0.8||131.7|
|Ballard Power Systems Inc.||BLDP||0||14.1||223.4||-37.6||279.7|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?