Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc Shares Close in on 52-Week High - Market Mover
The shares closed 0.9% below its 52-week high of $101.60, with trading volume lower than its 30 day average
Apr 08, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Trading volume this week was 3.1% lower than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 1.2.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
- The stock closed at 2.0% higher than its 5-day moving average, 7.6% higher than its 20-day moving average, and 14.0% higher than its 90-day moving average.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $874 million in earnings before interest and taxes from $6 billion in revenue. It currently holds $419 million in cash and $1 billion in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 0 is lower than its current P/E ratio of 25.20, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 0.72. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 2.65 which means it currently has $2.65 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 4.16. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 4 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 1.90.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 2.25.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the Industrials industry sector , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc||2.3||17.8||100.6||-2.6||141.9|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||0.8||11.0||45.3||-0.7||49.9|
|S&P 500 Index||0.7||10.4||50.3||-0.8||52.9|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date lags the peer average by -7.4%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 9.3%
- The company's price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company's share price to its earnings per share, is 47.2% higher than the average peer.
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Fortune Brands Home & Security Inc||FBHS||25.2||17.8||100.6||-2.6||141.9|
|Armstrong World Industries Inc.||AWI||7.0||27.4||13.5||-3.3||62.5|
|Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc.||SPB||18.8||15.2||133.5||-0.9||167.8|
|Patrick Industries, Inc.||PATK||21.3||29.2||162.2||-6.9||236.2|
|American Woodmark Corp.||AMWD||25.3||9.4||93.7||-7.5||148.6|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?