United Therapeutics Corp Shares Climb 0.4% Past Previous 52-Week High - Market Mover
The shares rose 0.4% higher than its previous 52-week high of $200.00, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average
Apr 06, 2021 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Trading volume this week was 98.0% higher than the 20-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.6.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $643 million in earnings before interest and taxes from $1 billion in revenue. It currently holds $1 billion in cash and $323 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of 12.894119811109876 is lower than its current P/E ratio of 16.50, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 0.02. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 1.36 which means it currently has $1.36 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 2.19. This means that the stock is trading at a premium of 2 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 5.01.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 4.31.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price is the same as the S&P 500 Index , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price is the same as the performance of its peers in the Health Care industry sector , beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|United Therapeutics Corp||5.0||25.9||101.0||-2.5||106.9|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||0.2||9.8||50.5||-0.6||49.2|
|S&P 500 Index||0.5||9.1||55.8||0.2||52.7|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by 190.9%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 380.7%
- The company's price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company's share price to its earnings per share, is -82.8% lower than the average peer.
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|United Therapeutics Corp||UTHR||16.5||25.9||101.0||-2.5||106.9|
|Lilly(Eli) & Co||LLY||28.3||8.6||27.3||-15.7||42.9|
|Glaxosmithkline plc - ADR||GSK||11.6||-0.3||1.3||-10.9||13.2|
|Gilead Sciences, Inc.||GILD||671.5||13.9||-8.4||-19.6||18.6|
|Baxter International Inc.||BAX||38.8||5.9||3.9||-9.8||14.2|
|Cardinal Health, Inc.||CAH||12.9||14.2||31.5||-3.5||38.8|
|Teva- Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. - ADR||TEVA||-3.0||13.9||11.7||-14.7||34.5|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to email@example.com. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?