Tidewater Inc. - New Shares Close the Day 10.1% Higher - Daily Wrap
The company saw its shares close the day 10.1% higher than yesterday, with trading volume higher than its 30 day average.
Jun 30, 2023 by Kwhen Finance Editors
- Shares traded as high as $50.81 and as low as $46.05 this week.
- Shares closed 6.9% above its 52-week high and 216.6% above its 52-week low.
- Trading volume this week was 1.8% lower than the 10-day average and 18.5% higher than the 30-day average.
- Beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the overall market stands at 0.0.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) on the stock was above 70, indicating it may be overbought.
- MACD, a trend-following momentum indicator, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger band, indicating it may be oversold.
Fundamentals & Catalysts
- Over the past 12 months the company generated $41 million in earnings before interest and taxes from $364 million in revenue. It currently holds $131 million in cash and $172 million in debt.
- Its forward price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio of -6.035087795028617 is lower than its current P/E ratio of 2213.07, implying that analysts are expecting an increase in earnings.
- The company's price/earnings-to-growth ratio (PEG Ratio), a widely used indicator of a stock's true value while also factoring in expected earnings growth, currently stands at 0.06. A fairly valued company should have a PEG ratio of 1.0. When a company's PEG exceeds 1.0, it's considered overvalued while a stock with a PEG of less than 1.0 is considered undervalued.
- The company's debt-to-equity ratio, which measures the extent to which it finances its operations through debt, currently stands at 1.51 which means it currently has $1.51 of debt for every $1 of equity. Generally speaking, a debt to equity ratio below 1.0 is seen as relatively safe, while ratios of 2.0 or higher would be considered risky. Some industries are known for having much higher debt to equity ratios than others.
- The company's price-to-book ratio, which measures the market's valuation of a company relative to its book value, currently stands at 0.71. This means that the stock is trading at a discount of 1 times relative to the company's book value which reflects the total value of a company's assets that shareholders of that company would receive if the company were to be liquidated.
- The company's price-to-sales ratio, which shows how much the market values every dollar of the company's sales, currently stands at 1.54.
- The company's enterprise value-to-revenue multiple, which is often used to determine a company's valuation in the case of a potential acquisition, currently stands at 1.64.
Market Comparative Performance
- The company's share price beats the S&P 500 Index today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and lags it on a 5-year basis
- The company's share price beats the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company share price beats the performance of its peers in the Industrials industry sector today, beats it on a 1-year basis, and beats it on a 5 year basis
|Name||DoD %Δ||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Tidewater Inc. - New||10.1||36.6||130.8||-1.9||190.7|
|Dow Jones Industrial Average||0.8||4.5||12.8||-0.7||22.2|
|S&P 500 Index||1.2||15.9||17.5||-0.5||28.8|
Peer Group Comparative Performance
- The company's stock price performance year-to-date beats the peer average by -703.5%
- The company's stock price performance over the past 12 months beats the peer average by 169.0%
- The company's price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company's share price to its earnings per share, is 28424.7% higher than the average peer.
|Name||MKT CAP (USD)||P/E||YTD %Δ||1 Yr %Δ||52-Week H %||52-Week L %|
|Tidewater Inc. - New||TDW||2213.1||36.6||130.8||-1.9||190.7|
|Oceaneering International, Inc.||OII||37.3||4.1||70.4||-17.3||154.1|
|Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc||HLX||-21.5||-2.0||130.3||-19.9||197.2|
|CSI Compressco LP - Units||CCLP||0||-11.4||-10.7|
This story was produced by the Kwhen Automated News Generator. For more articles like this, please visit us at finance.kwhen.com. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2021 Kwhen Inc.
Was this content valuable for you?